Monday, March 28, 2016

3 Small ways to support the PDXDealsGuy blog (work in progress)

I'd really appreciate it if you'd take a glance at this page and see if there's any small/easy way you might be willing to help out the PDXDealsGuy blog ...

I've created this page to list a number of ways (mostly very easy and painless) in which you can support this blog. PLEASE, if you (like I do) get more help and/or specific advice from other great bloggers out there, be sure to help them in similar ways via links from their websites. In particular, I have to give a big shout-out to my friend Shawn over at Miles to Memories (HERE is a link to his support page), who has been great to me over the past couple years (and for whom I contribute content occasionally). But there's lots of other good miles/points/travel/deals bloggers out there too, including (but certainly not limited to) Frequent Miler and Doctor of Credit.

So, with all that said, and without further ado, here's 3 ways you can help:

1) SHOPPING PORTALS:
As I mentioned above, I always suggest using CashBackMonitor to find out which shopping portal is paying out the best** for whatever online retailer you're using. **Notes: a) BE SURE to start your shopping trip from the portal (I recommend using a new private/incognito browser session - and make sure your shopping cart is EMPTY at that retailer's website!) to make sure you get the bonus, and b) while shopping via the portal with the highest percentage (or points/miles) might seems like the best thing to do, you might want to consider limiting how many portals you use (so that you don't get too spread out - and some of the portals have a minimum amount at which they will actually payout).

Here are my referral links for some of the best shopping portals (I usually get something small for you signing up and shopping - but even if you're not shopping today, you can still sign up):

Ebates

MrRebates

iConsumer

TopCashBack

Splender

BeFrugal

SimplyBestCoupons

FatWallet


2) OTHER SING-UP LINKS
Here's a random smattering of other things you might be interested in, and if you sign up using my referral links (below), I usually get some sort of small benefit.

Silver Car (cool car rental service I blogged about HERE) - please use sign-up code SWFMZBDO when you sign up on their website or app (you get $25 after your first rental)

Uber (you get $10 off your first ride)

Groupon - I get $10 in Groupon credit when you sign up and make your first purchase

LivingSocial Restaurant Plus - Get $20 towards you first dine using this program (available in quite a few big cities, but not PDX yet) - and I get $20 credit too!


3) CREDIT CARD SIGN-UP LINKS
I have little or no reservations about the first 3 items (above). This one (credit card sign-ups), however, comes with a WARNING. While all the cards listed below are cards that I have and like (for various reasons I will try to expand upon later), PLEASE do your research to determine if getting any of these cards makes good sense for you.

Discover Card - This is the current best deal (at the time I'm posting this - things can always change), whereby you get $50* for signing (and I do too!). As I have written about previously on the blog, this card can be great for its shopping portal that is only available to its own cardholders. The Discover Deals portal tends to have very good payouts, although the portal itself can be a bit frustrating (doesn't allow you to keep very good track of your shopping visits).

Chase Ink Cash - This is a BUSINESS card, so you will be asked information about your business. That said, your business can be as small as a sole proprietorship that sells things on Craigslist or eBay. I cannot guarantee that you will be approved for this (or any) card, especially without much of a business history/sales/profits ... but it MIGHT be worth a try for this great card. I haven't written a review of this card, but they aren't difficult to find if you Google. The main GREAT feature of this card is earning 5x Chase Ultimate Reward points at Office Superstores (which sell a lot of gift cards!), as well as 2x points at restaurants. If you sign up and are approved (and meet a minimum spend requirement), you will earn 30,000 (or 50,000 - depending on the current best offer) Chase UR points (and I will earn some too - thanks!).

* These are the most recent offer deals. They can change at any time, so please verify when you sign up. And also check the best publicly available offers on the bank's websites to make sure you're getting the best offer.


THANKS so much for your support of the PDXDealsGuy blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment