Sunday, March 13, 2022

GREAT Credit Card Offer Expires TOMORROW! Nice Update to an Existing Offer!

I recently wrote a couple of posts on the blog highlighting two great credit card offers. There are important updates on both. Read on for more details ...

I recently wrote about both the Capital One Venture X (going so far as to call it my favorite card for people who do not want a bunch of different credit cards) and the American Express Personal Platinum cards.


Key detail regarding the Venture X: the 100k point welcome offer is going away on March 14th! (tomorrow!)

I updated my previous blog post with the following info:

UPDATE: This 100k welcome offer (described below) is expiring on March 14, 2022. (I think that means you can apply on March 14, but not certain. And sometimes the offer hangs around an extra day or two - I wouldn't count on it, but always worth checking if you see this late.) Now I still think that this will be a good card for many people (for all the reasons I list below), even after the 100k offer goes away. I don't think we know what the new offer will be, but I'd guess 50k and maybe not including the $200 first-year vacation rental (airbnb/vacasa/vrbo) rental credit. And that's a lot of value.


Key detail regarding the Amex Personal Platinum: they have sweetened the already great (limited time probably!) offer to include extra (10x!) earning at restaurants.

I updated my previous blog post with the following info:

UPDATE: Amex has updated this offer to make it even better. (At least it is showing up via some people's referral link - see mine below.) The new offer includes the following language now (in addition to all the previous stuff, listed in my article below): "For a limited time if you apply for this Card by 06/08, you can earn 10X points at restaurants worldwide on up to $25,000 in eligible purchases on the Card during the first 6 months of Card Membership." This probably isn't a huge deal, but say you spend $1k at restaurants during the first 6 months you have the card ... that would be an extra 10k Amex MR points (worth $100+). It appears you have until June 8th to get this "10x restaurants" offer. But I can't say for sure how long the full 150k offer (described below) will be around. It could die (I have no idea) at any time.



As always, if you're interested in supporting the PDXDealsGuy blog in some small ways, please see some things you can do to support HERE. Sign up (left margin of homepage) to receive emails whenever there's a new post on the blog. MOST IMPORTANTLY, please consider using my Amazon link (can always be found in upper-left-hand-corner of PDXDG homepage!) when you navigate to shop at Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment